Something about a fully homemade pizza just tastes better than a semi-homemade. Elevate your pizza recipe by taking the time to make your own pizza sauce! Our extra virgin olive oil that is used in this recipe makes all the difference!
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon WH Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh basil (leaving leaves attached to stem)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add the whole can of tomatoes (including the juice) to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse on high until the tomatoes are smooth, but not completely pureed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the WH olive oil. Add in the garlic and stir continuously for about 30 seconds, or once the garlic has started to turn a golden color. Add in the blended tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil, and red pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, stirring from time to time. Let the mixture simmer for about an hour until it reduces by about half.
- Turn off heat and throw out the basil. Taste test the sauce and add additional salt if needed. Allow the sauce to completely cool before removing it from the saucepan. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.