These cookies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet! Our extra virgin olive oil is used instead of butter, so you can feel ~healthier~ while eating these too!
- 1 ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup WH organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks/chips (or 1 full dark chocolate bar roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice, chopped (optional)
- Flaked sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add in the olive oil, brown sugar, and white sugar and mix together using the paddle attachment. Mix for about 30 seconds. Add in the egg and egg yolk and mix on high for about 45–60 seconds. Add in the vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients on low speed. Add in the chocolate (and nuts if choosing to add) and mix on low until all of the dry ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or overnight if you have the patience!).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with either cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the dough and roll into medium-sized dough balls. Place the balls on your prepared baking sheet and lightly press down on each ball (just enough so that it’s slightly flatter and less dome-shaped). Leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes, or until the cookies are perfectly golden brown on the edges. Let the cookies cool for for about 15 minutes.