These gluten free supersede muffins are such a perfect ~healthy~ start to the day! They’re filled with healthy grains and seeds, and make the perfect breakfast-to-go or snack. The real secret ingredient in these is our organic extra virgin olive oil—much healthier than butter or other oil alternatives!
P.S. one of these warmed up with some honey is *chef’s kiss*
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Wolfe Heights organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey (we used the Pure Honey star thistle!)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together. Add we mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine (or use a stand mixer on a low setting).
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners (or spray with cooking spray) and use an ice cream scooper to portion out 12 evenly sized scoops of batter. Sprinkle additional quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds to the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the muffins are nice and golden and a wooden toothpick comes out of the center cleanly. Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack for at least 5–10 minutes. Enjoy!
*Muffins should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.