Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean with this delicious (and healthy!) salad. To make it a well-rounded meal, top this salad with salmon or chicken.
Recipe provided by Juliana Kuntz
- Greens of choice (we used spinach and romaine)
- Kalamata olives (however many you like!)
- 5–6 mini heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 tablespoons)
- Chicken or salmon (optional)
Dressing (makes a jar to have as extra)
- 1/4 cup WH Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- Pinch of pepper
- Add your desired greens to a single-serving bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes and avocado and set aside. Season with a pinch of lemon pepper and salt.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar (or some container with a reliable lid) and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Arrange the seasoned tomatoes and avocado slices in rows. Add the olives in another row next to the tomatoes and avocado. (If adding the optional protein, add that in another row.)
- Sprinkle with the Feta cheese.
- Drizzle the lemon olive oil dressing over the top and enjoy!