This is the type of dish you think of when you hear the term “superfood”…or at least it should be! This salad features quinoa, kale, dried cranberries, dried apricots, toasted pecans, a dressing using our organic olive oil and fresh lemon juice. It makes the perfect light lunch or side dish!
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup WH Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4–1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 5 stems fresh mint, chopped
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- 3–4 sprigs dill
- Large handful fresh kale, chopped
- In a large pan, bring the chicken broth or water to a boil and add in all ingredients for quinoa. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Let this cook for about 20 minutes (or go off of whatever your quinoa bag’s cooking instructions say).
- While the quinoa cooks, add all ingredients for the dressing to a bowl and whisk together. Place in the fridge.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, remove it from the stovetop. Spoon the cooked quinoa into a large mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge until completely cooled (about an hour).
- Once the quinoa has fully cooled, start chopping up all of the add ins. Mix them into the quinoa to evenly incorporate. Take the dressing out of the fridge and pour over the quinoa. Mix well to evenly coat.
- Place the quinoa salad with all of the ingredients and dressing added in back to the fridge and re-cover with the plastic wrap. Let it sit for another hour or two until you are ready to serve.